Basil Ice Cream- Hello everybody, welcome back with RedHood Kitchen! Today i will share Basil Ice Cream recipe in easy way. If you're a mint ice cream enthusiast, I'm sure you'll love it. basil annual herb of the mint family. so it has a similar cooling effect in ice cream.
- Bring milk, basil, 1/4 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring
- Remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes. Transfer to a blender (reserve saucepan) and blend until basil is finely ground, about 1 minute.
- Beat together yolks and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until thick and pale, about 1 minute.
- Add milk mixture in a stream, beating until combined well.
- Pour mixture into reserved saucepan and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until mixture
- Coats back of spoon and registers 175°F on thermometer (do not let boil). Immediately remove from heat and pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl. Set bowl in a larger bowl of ice water and stir until cold, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and freeze in ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.